National Coffee Day Fun Facts
As you may or may not know, September 28th is National Coffee Day! So, of course we are celebrating. If you come by Mozart's any time on Sunday, September 28th, you will be greeted with $1 double espresso shots, buy 1 pound of coffee and get a 1/2 pound of coffee free deals, and an amazing giveaway with our friends at Packed Party.
On top of all of that, we should probably discuss the reasons we are even celebrating something that is consumed daily by almost all of you and the reason we are even in business.
Here are some fun facts aka reasons to keep celebrating coffee.
- It is estimated that 2.25 billion cups of coffee are consumed each day worldwide
- Coffee is second only to oil as the most valuable legally traded commodity
- It was first discovered by a goat herder whose goats were consuming these mysterious red beans and becoming more energetic, so he decide to try them himself
- "Captain John Smith helped bring coffee to the New World, but the drink didn't initially catch on. By 1773, coffee's weaker cousin, tea, was wildly popular in the colonies: however, when the Tea Act was passed, keeping in place a duty (tax) on tea imported to the colonies, American colonists became angry."
- Coffee is good for your memory!
- It was originally chewed... weird right?
- Finland is the world's coffee capital
- The Guinness World Record holder for “Oldest Cat Ever”—a 38-year-old kitty named Creme Puff—drank coffee every morning of her furry little life
- It would take 70 cups of coffee in a row to kill a 150 pound person
- Coffee could one day fuel your car...
All these fun facts and we are just excited to wake up and celebrate another year of serving you coffee! We hope you do come out and celebrate with us. Thank you for loving us and choosing our coffee for over 25 years.
Happy National Coffee Day!