Cinnamon Rolls and Coffee is a weekly tradition for local Austinite, Genevieve Watson.
We reached out to Genevieve on Instagram after noticing not only her routine visits to Mozart’s, but also her beautiful post about cinnamon rolls on her instagram page, @genevievewatsonn. If you follow us, you may have even seen her before!
“My love for Mozarts and their cinnamon rolls started in college” says Genevieve. “I can’t tell you how many fall morning I’ve spent studying or catching up with a friend on the patio.“
A year and a half ago, the frequent visits as 1 turned into a small crew visiting every Sunday when her and her boyfriend, Jay, adopter their adorable puppy, Hutch. Cinnamon rolls Sunday’s became a regular thing!
Here’s how Genevieve says their typical Sunday goes:
- We wake up early to beat the heat and head to Zilker Park to play a serious game of fetch
- After we’ve played to our hearts content we head out, taking the scenic route to Mozart’s Coffee Roasters
- We order our cinnamon sugar cinnamon rolls and iced mochas before settling into a shady spot on the patio
- We spend an hour or so talking about what our new week is going to look like and how we are going to prepare. It’s become an important part of us an our week
- Then back home for a Sunday nap with the whole gang!
“I’ll keep this Sunday ritual going as long as I’m in Austin! It’s so important to support the local businesses that you love so much because we are loosing iconic Austin spots left and right!”
Thank you, Genevieve, for sharing your routine and why you love Mozart’s. If you’re around this Sunday, keep an eye out for this lovely trio and be sure to say hi!